DePauw Honor Band
January 20-21, 2018
The DePauw Honor Band is made up of outstanding high school musicians nominated by their directors. Over the course of two days, student musicians rehearse and perform great works for symphonic band and wind ensemble under the baton of DePauw University Band director Craig Paré in DePauw’s own Kresge Auditorium, as well as take part in master classes with the DePauw University School of Music’s renowned applied music faculty.
In order to assure your students the exceptional opportunity to represent your school in an experience that will allow them to make great music with other talented and serious musicians their age, we need your help.
- Please complete and submit your recommendations by November 10, 2017. Acceptance is based on a first-come basis as sections fill up.
- Placement in the DePauw Honor Band is based on your recommendations of each student’s ability. Give careful thought and complete the form thoroughly. Students will have the opportunity to participate in one of the finest honor bands in our region.
- Please be sure to include each student's complete contact information (including accurate email addresses). All contact and mailings will go directly to the student’s information as listed on their recommendation.
- For your convenience, submit your recommendations on-line.
Make sure your students are part of this great weekend that will provide them with opportunities to:
- Create great music with other serious high school musicians from our region.
- Benefit from master classes and clinics taught by our outstanding DePauw School of Music applied faculty.
- Participate in two days of intense music-making, culminating in a public concert on Sunday, January 21, 2018. (Admission: $5)