Young Artists Piano Compeittion
The next competition will take place during the 2016-2017 academic year.
To Be Announced
All students in Grades 9-12
Two solo compositions of contrasting styles and periods, not to exceed a total of 15 minutes playing time. Individual movements or sets of movements from a larger work may be used. All pieces must be memorized.
- 1st Place | $500 and a scholarship of up to $25,000 for undergraduate studies in piano at DePauw
- 2nd Place | $250 and a scholarship of up to $20,000 for undergraduate studies in piano at DePauw
- 3rd Place | $100 and a scholarship of up to $15,000 for undergraduate studies in piano at DePauw
A high quality recording of two contrasting works, which may be different from those performed on the competition day. You may submit these recordings as MP3 files or via CD/DVD recording. Letter of recommendation from the applicant's current piano teacher. Non-refundable application fee of $40 made payable to DePauw University.
- Claude Cymerman, professor emeritus of music at DePauw
- TJ Lymenstull, guest juror, instructor of piano at Interlochen Arts Academy
- May Phang, associate professor of piano at DePauw